Today The Salvation Army Australia released its annual Economic and Social Impact Survey (ESIS Report), which surveyed 1380 people across Australia who have come to The Salvos for assistance.
Some of the key findings of this report show that a significant number of families and individuals who accessed Salvation Army Emergency Relief support experienced some or all of the following:
- Housing issues including housing stress, homelessness and transience
- Financial difficulties, managing on inadequate income and resulting from prolonged unemployment
- Persistent hardship, financial pressure due to cost of living in Australia and multiple deprivations
- limited opportunities and exclusion for individuals and their families
- Reduced participation and access, disconnectedness and inequity for children
If you want to know more about the key issues faced by people receiving assistance from the Salvation Army you can access the full report here.